Need Help? We got you covered.
- Clearing browser cache after SBAdmin update- This how-to provides information on how to resolve some issues with the SBAdmin Web Interface after an update to the software.
- How to clone a Linux x86 system into a VMware virtual machine (SBAdmin v7)- Storix SBAdmin allows for cloning a system to dissimilar hardware using Adaptable System Recovery (ASR). One advantage to this is being able to take a system installed on physical hardware and migrate it into a VMware virtual machine.
- How To Configure a Bootable USB drive for bare metal recovery- With SBAdmin, it is possible to use a dedicated hard disk for full system backup and recovery (referred to as Local System Backup Disk or SBDIR). On the Linux x86 platform, it is becoming more common to use USB devices as local system backup disks.
- How to configure color Themes for multiple groups- When using multiple groups with SBAdmin, it is possible to have multiple instances of the SBAdmin GUI or Web Interface running. To help identify which interface belongs to which group, it is possible to change the theme for each group. This HOW-TO will walk through adding a second group, and configuring a unique theme for […]
- How to configure multiple local system backup disks- This how-to will describe the steps necessary to utilize multiple Local System Backup Disks. These disks may then be used as part of a backup rotation scheme.
- How to Install a TSM Node from Another Node’s Backup- Storix SBAdmin provides a simple method of installing a master backup onto one or more TSM nodes. SBAdmin for TSM is available the AIX, Linux and Solaris, and the information here applies to all operating systems.
- How to Migrate Linux Disk Partitions to LVM- This how-to will assist in migrating Linux filesystems build on partitions to filesystems built on logical volumes. To accomplish this, you will use SBAdmin’s Adapatble System Recovery (ASR) features to alter the storage configuration of the system using Logical Volume Management (LVM) and restore the entire system onto this new configuration.
- How to migrate UFS filesystems to ZFS filesystems- The purpose of this how-to is to describe the steps necessary to migrate UFS filesystems on a Solaris system to ZFS filesystems. To accomplish this, you will use SBAdmin’s Adaptable System Recovery (ASR) to alter the storage configuration of the system and restore the entire system onto the new configuration.
- How to migrate UFS root filesystem to ZFS root filesystem- The purpose of this how-to is to describe the steps necessary to migrate a Solaris system with root (/) on UFS to root on ZFS. To accomplish this, you will use SBAdmin’s Adaptable System Recovery (ASR) to alter the storage configuration of the system and restore the entire system onto the new configuration.
- How To Update to SBAdmin v8- This how-to document will describe the steps necessary to update SBAdmin software to version 8.