Offsite Disaster Recovery Solution
Software designed to support your offsite disaster recovery process
Offsite datacenter protection
Every company needs to keep an off-site copy of their backups, whether they operate from a single location or multiple branch offices. Backups can be stored at a remote backup site, an offsite disaster recovery site or to a private cloud service*. But storing backups offsite is only part of the solution. A business continuity/disaster recovery plan must include the ability to recover mission-critical systems in a timely manner. How timely depends on a predetermined Recovery Time Objective (RTO) which weighs the cost of system recovery against loss of operations due to downtime. You need an offsite disaster recovery solution that will help you achieve your recovery time objective.
* Please note: SBAdmin should not be used on networks that utilize Network Address Translation (NAT) routing when communicating with remote sites.
More than just data recovery
There are a myriad of software solutions and hardware appliances for sending data off-site, each touting its ability to backup and restore data quickly and efficiently. But very few address the issue of having systems to restore the data to after a failure or disaster occurs! Storix SBAdmin provides offsite disaster recovery solutions for Linux, AIX and Oracle Solaris servers, from restoring a single server from a remote backup site to rebuilding an entire data center at a remote disaster recovery site. An SBAdmin system backup completely restores the operating system, applications, user, network and device configuration and optional user data in a single step.
Perform system recovery from local or remote devices
- Write backups locally and/or to offsite disaster recovery sites
- Copy backups written locally (tape or disk) to offfsite disaster recovery site
- Replicate backups to remote sites using deduplication appliances
- Recover a local system using backups from a remote site
- Perform bare-metal recovery to dissimilar hardware (P2P) at remote site
- Perform bare-metal recovery to different virtual environments (P2V, V2V) at remote site