Manage different OSs from one product.
Linux Distribution Support
Storix is an expert in system recovery for Linux. However, due to the number of vendor distributions, customizable options and frequency of changes, we cannot claim full testing and support for all possible variations. For that reason, we feel it is important that we publish a list of distributions that are consistently tested as part of our standard test base. If you have an issue using SBAdmin on any of these distributions please contact Storix Support.
Linux distributions certified by Storix*:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86, x86_64)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 & 6 (x86, x86_64, IBM PowerLinux)
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (x86_64, IBM PowerLinux)
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 (x86, x86_64)
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, 11, 12 & 15 (x86, x86_64, IBM PowerLinux)
- Debian 6, 7, 8, & 9 (x86, x86_64 only)
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 15.10 (IBM PowerLinux)
- Oracle Linux 5, 6 & 7 (x86, x86_64)
The following Linux distributions are not included in our standard test base but are known to be used in existing customers’ environments. These distributions are supported but not consistently tested. If you have an issue using SBAdmin on any of these distributions please contact Storix Support.
Linux distributions known to be used by customers:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3
- CentOS 3 thru 7
- SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 8
- Oracle Linux 4
- Debian 4 & 5
If your Linux distribution is not in either of the above lists it may still be supported. This is because SBAdmin was developed without being distribution-specific. Please verify that your system meets the below requirements and report any issues to Storix Support. These distributions will be supported on a best-effort basis.
Minimum system requirements:
- 32 and 64-bit systems
- Linux kernel 2.4 and higher (x86, x86_64)
- Linux kernel 2.6.16 and higher (IBM PowerLinux)
- glibc 2.2.5 and higher for x86 32-bit systems
- glibc 2.3.2 and higher for x86_64
- glibc 2.4.2 and higher for IBM PowerLinux systems